(See BookLearningCocoa for the old version of this book.)
Learning Cocoa with Objective C, 2nd Edition
James Duncan Davidson (Approved by Apple Computer Inc.)
O'Reilly & Associates
- Release Date:
- List Price:
Completely rewritten to address the shortcomings of the original Learning Cocoa book and updated for the Jaguar release of Mac OS X 10.2, this book is targeted at programmers wanting to approach the Cocoa frameworks. It has just come off the presses and is available for purchase.
For a full description of this book, check it out here: http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/learncocoa2/desc.html
- Amazon Link:
- Barnes & Noble Link:
- O'Reilly Catalog Link:
- WmMoss - It's much better written than Apple's first attempt at a Learn Cocoa book, but since it covers very similar material to Aaron Hillegass's Cocoa Programming book I wouldn't call it a must have. If you haven't read ANY Cocoa books, it could be quite helpful. Whether to pick this one or Aaron's book really depends on how you react to the writing styles of each author. Personally I find Mr. Hillegass's writing style more accessible, but Mr. Davidson's style may click better with others.
- This 2nd version addresses MANY of the short-comings of the first book. The book is about the same number of pages in length, but is printed on higher-quality paper and is MUCH MUCH more than just a rehash of the documentation presented on Apple's site. I like it!
- BUY IT - Clear and understandable. I haven't read Aaron Hillegass's book yet, but I intend to. Once I have I may change my mind --AlainODea
- BUY IT - I liked this book a lot. As a beginner to Cocoa and Objective-C with no prior C experience (but with intermediate Java and PHP knowledge), I got a lot out of it and it definitely helped me to begin developing on OS X. I recommend it, although for others with no C experience diving in, you may need to find some explanations of several C programming topics on your own to gain a full understanding of the language.
- Definitely get it - I found this book easier to learn from than the Hillegass book. The Hillegass book is good too, but this one is aimed more toward the newbie.
- Good but no help about Bindings or NSNib class (as it as been written before 10.3 like most of the cocoa books). All the code is commented and each line is explained - StephaneDassieu.
Pour vous joindre garder le numéro, vous aurez pu votre compte driver ( code de programme ) numero rio. Vous obtiendrez êtes certain d'obtenir pour par téléphonant expression du serveur ou du service à la clientèle satisfaction client votre actuel entreprise numero rio bouygues . Vous ne CAN get un SMS avec vos . Avec du code rio orange, alors vous serez en mesure de vous abonner à l' offre de de son à propos fruits .