I'm a recent graduate of the Universit� d'Orl�ans with a Master of Computer Science, and I did my undergraduate degree, also CS, at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. I am currently Employee #004 for RogueAmoeba.
I've been programming in various ways on various platforms for a bit less than two decades. I've been using Objective-C since around 2000, and programming with Cocoa on OS X since 10.1 or so. My programming interests include (but are not limited to!) artificial life, robotics, and distributed computing.
My master's thesis ties together distributed computing, real-time simulation, and 3D graphics, describing my project to create a real-time 3D fluid simulation and renderer running on a cluster.
- My homepage: http://www.mikeash.com/
- Development-related blog: http://www.mikeash.com/?page=pyblog/
- My software page: http://www.mikeash.com/software/
- Master's thesis: http://www.mikeash.com/?page=thesis/
Open source software I've made with pages on this site:
- MAKeyedArchiver - A drop-in replacement for NSKeyedArchiver and NSKeyedUnarchiver. It uses identical APIs but is typically five times faster and produces archives that are half the size.
- CHOMp - An extensible, clean HigherOrderMessaging implementation.
- AEVTBuilder - A library for building AppleEvents with a simple syntax that maps easily to/from AppleEvent dumps.
More open source software, mostly Cocoa, in various stages of completion can be found in my svn repository: http://www.mikeash.com/svn/