The CocoaDev wiki is under new management. As of April, 2012, Steven Frank of Panic, Inc (its founder and, until recently, owner and curator) sought to find it a new home. It's now hosted and maintained by Joshua Nozzi and the flood of spam has been reduced at least to a manageable level. I'd love to see if we can revive this wiki as the go-to "crowd-sourced documentation" site it had been for so long.
As an avid visitor, anonymous contributer, and self-imposed curator since 2002, I'd like to extend my heartfelt thanks to Steven Frank and "KritTer" for creating such a wonderfully useful resource. To me it was instrumental in my Cocoa / Objective-C learning endeavor and I'm sure I'm far from alone there. Thanks, guys - I'm honored to take on the role of curator and host.
- The site is now powered by the venerable (and well-maintained) MediaWiki, the same software that powers Wikipedia and many other wiki sites
- Login is now required to contribute (to edit and discuss pages)
- The forums and jobs links are now gone so we can focus on what's important - crowd-sourced documentation and tutorials
- Several volunteer moderators (to be introduced later) will help keep things clean
- We have a comically bad new logo for now (I ask the community to do embarrass my 5 minute hack job with a better logo)
- The import into this new wiki has turned many instances of '*' in the code into ' ', thus pointers look weird.
- The custom code tags from the previous wiki don't work, and much of the code has lost it's formatting.
See: WikiChanges for a list of stuff that should/could be changed.
Original Message from Steven Frank
I currently don't have enough time to maintain CocoaDev properly, and without attentive moderation it is filling up with spam. I'm talking with some people interested in taking over the site. I would like to see it continue operating under a new owner. Sorry for the inconvenience. I hope to have this sorted out shortly. -- Steven